Emergency Food Programs
FCSDC has been a partner in the fight against hunger in Delaware County for many years. FCSDC administers distribution of food to low-income individuals and families through a collaboration with the DelCo Interfaith Food Assistance Network (DIFAN) – a network of food pantries based in churches and social service agencies throughout the county. These include:
- St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Broomall
- The Bernardine Center, Chester
- Better Living Center, Chester
- Chester Eastside Food Center/St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Chester
- Salvation Army, Chester
- St. Mary’s Food Cupboard, Chester
- St. Paul CME Church, Chester
- True Vine Missionary, Full Gospel Baptist Church, Chester
- BVM / Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Darby
- Media Food Center/First United Methodist Church, Media
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry/Prospect Hill Baptist Church, Prospect Park
- Mt. Zion CME Church Food Center, Sharon Hill
- Neighbor to Neighbor, Upland
- Upland Baptist Church, Upland
- Multicultural Community Family Services, Upper Darby
- The Foundry Church, Wallingford
WHAT TO EXPECT:
If using the food pantry for the first time, you will be asked to fill out and sign a Self-Declaration of Need form which includes your name, address, household income, and household size (# of adults, # of children, # of seniors). Proof of income is not required.
At the visit you will receive enough food for approximately 15 meals for each person in the household. Most pantries have a limit of one visit per household per month.
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL:
Rather than duplicating services provided by other agencies, when food pantries identify needs beyond food assistance, we refer participants to other agencies that are set up to directly handle those needs. We work directly with the social service agencies throughout Delaware County, as well as the Department of Public Welfare, and Children & Youth Services.
WHO WE ARE:
All DIFAN food pantries are staffed by dedicated volunteers. We are dependent upon donations of food, money, and time to continue our work.
To Donate Food: Please Call Your Local Food Pantry.
To Donate Money: Go to www.fcsdc.org/donate or send check payable to FCSDC to 600 N. Olive Street, Media, PA 19063 (specify that donation is for the Emergency Food Program)
For more info please contact: